There was a time that 1 computer per family was acceptable.
I know I have been out for a few days. The first day of not posting I spent on the phone with my sister. With myself in Germany and her in the states the time difference makes it hard to find a time to call. So I used my late at night computer time to call her.
After that I have been sharing my computer with my hubby. He has gone back to school to finish his second masters degree(only 3 classes left). Thus the topic of sharing computers. Between family, work, and trips away from home for work, I think he has done well at getting his assignments done and posting for the class. That is until his computer started freezing up. It would take too long to load his assignments. You would think that with 4 computers in the house that is wouldn't be an issue. But, his no longer has a battery so he has to use it near an outlet. So that is the challenge of taking it to work. We have a desktop computer that is so old that some of his assignments won't load because there is not enough memory left. The kids also have a laptop, but we haven't been able to get online with it yet. So, that leaves mine. The newest with the most memory. So he has been using it to get his school work done. Which leaves me with the other computers and to me the option is just to give up my evening computer time until his school work is done.
I wanted to buy hubby a new, but he is going down range, and that is not a computer friendly place. So, we are going to wait until he gets back to get a new one for him.
So, you see in a house with 4 computers you would think that there wouldn't be a need to wait your turn. But sadly, it is like the lone treadmill at the gym that works the best ,and everyone waits for a turn to use it, while the others sit and wait for a task that they are hoping won't be their last.
1 comment:
Ora LOL I know the feeling! Brandon has 2 lap tops and he still loves to use mine, and funnily enough it is right as I was just about to use it myself! Ah well, what can you do? :) I'm just glad he is home.
Love to You and Yours! Miss YOU!
Post a Comment