
Where does all the time go. It seems lately that I never have enough time to do the things I want to do. Yesterday, my husband had to travel to another town for work, and asked me if I would like to go. I figured it would do me good to get out of the house, and I planned to do some shopping for a few things I need. With 5 children I don't often get to go shopping for myself. We left after the kids were out the door for school. It takes 45 min to get to where we were going. After getting to the gate I realized my ID was not in my wallet. My husband had it from the last time we went through the gate. It was at home on his nightstand. In the military nothing can be done without it. So after dropping hubby off, I drove home to get it. An extra hour and 1/2 in the car. WHEEE. On the way back my daughter (4 yrs) said she needed some air. before I could get the window down she threw up all over her clothes and coat. I had no supplies in the car, so we stopped at a rest stop and I used gauze from our first aid kit to clean her up a little. We got back in time to pick up my husband for lunch. We had just enough time to get lunch and buy some new clothes for my daughter. (She has a bout 10 new outfits just from puking in the car) So much for shopping. So, we dropped hubby back at work and he said he only had one thing to do and we should wait for him. So we did. On the way home we stopped at a furniture store to see if they had the desk in that we had a raincheck for. They said it was in country, but we would have to pick it up at the warehouse. (15min the opposite way) So we decided to go ahead and pick it up, rather than make a whole new trip. Then we were on our way. Things went well until we hit the "stau"(Traffic Jam). Our GPS sent us on a 20 minute detour and spit us out into the middle of the Stau. After we got through that we had to stop at hubby's work so he could e-mail the report he was working on. We finally got home about 7pm. After dinner and getting the kids to bed I thought I would relax a little before going to bed. Hubby had different ideas. While I was making dinner he was unloading the old desk and tearing it apart. Then he opened the new desk. So, instead of relaxing and going to bed, we stayed up until 1 am to put together our new desk. I was going to do it on Saturday, but at least now it is done and I can tackle the piles of stuff he pulled off our old desk. It may take me a few days. But, after yesterdays 11 hour journey, I have no desire to leave the house for a while.
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! Poor Little one! I forgot she gets car sick! And 11 hours in the car YUCK! I feel your pain! (((HUGS))) I hope you finally got to rest on Saturday! I got your box, YAY thank you! I have it ready to send back to you. I'm such a lazy butt! But I have made a new resolution not to procrastinate anymore. Your box is getting mailed TODAY! I Swear! Really It is! I know you will believe it when you see it, LOL But I promise I'm mailing it today and I will email you this afternoon confirming that! Hee Hee! The Chocolate by the way was absolutely Scrumptious! I only have a tiny little piece left! I think I am gonna go eat it right now LOL Ok, Love ya! Miss ya! Talk to you soon! YAY!
Post a Comment