Well, what do you know? Thanks for the tip Liz. The duct tape worked.JK They actually worked it out and things were fine until they got up this morning and started all over again. I just don't know what I am going to do with them.
My plan was to leave them and go get a massage(i had an appt.), but my husband who travels alot wanted to spend some time with them, so he invited them to come with us. So, I said fine.
Well, we only had one box of cereal, so I put it on the table and told them to share it while I went to get ready. I am interuppted by children saying they didn't get any cereal and it was all gone. so I go to investigate and find my 11 year old with half the box in a huge bowl. I made him share with his brother and told the other kids to make some toast. I then go finish getting ready. I am watching the clock the whole time and realize that all of us may not get out of the house on time to get me to my appt on time. So I start getting frustrated, tell them to just get their shoes on and get to the car. We finally got shoes, coats, purses, and bags( hubby has to go straight to work after this) and he asks one of the kids to grab his boots. We all pile into the car and 11 year old cereal hog says, "I forgot my wallet." After he gets his wallet, we head out. About a mile from the house I casually say to hubby, " did you get your boots?" Of course not one of the kids heard him ask for them and so it is back to the house for the boots. I am thinking I am going to be late for sure.
Well, lucky for us we live in Germany and have use of the Autobahn. We made it with 3 minutes to spare.
So, I get my massage, hubby takes the kids and has fun with them, and everyone is happy. After that we go to lunch and have a wonderful time. It still amazes me what craziness we have to go through to get to the happy memories at the end.
1 comment:
LOL You are welcome for the Duct tape suggestion! A massage sounds great, but um doesn't it defeat the purpose if you get all stressed out right before the massage? Of course it does give the massuesse (?) something to work out! LOL I'm glad it all turned out well! Love ya and Miss ya!
Post a Comment